Delair, a leading supplier of commercial drone solutions, this month unveiled Delair Aerial Intelligence (delair.ai)—software that helps businesses process the large amounts of data they collect with unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs)/drones.
With delair.ai, companies can simplify the process of analyzing the massive amounts of data that drones are capable of harnessing. The software can leverage drone data in a wide range of use cases, with analytics optimized for specific industries such as mining, quarries, construction, power and utilities, and agriculture. These powerful, industry-specific data analysis tools introduce new levels of efficiency for UAV workflows.
Data Analysis Tools Built Specifically for Your Industry
The delair.ai platform supports the largest suite of analytics packages for specific applications in different industries.
- For mines and quarries, delair.ai allows efficient ways to control and report on inventory, ensure site safety compliance, and optimize and maintain haul roads.
- For construction projects, analytics tools are available to monitor job progress and earth moving operations, as well as to import and compare survey designs to as-built.
- For agriculture, precision ag practices are enabled with the analytics options for agriculture and forestry. Tools are available to perform detailed analysis of fields and to run filed inventory to characterize crops and monitor them.
- For power and utilities, use case analytics can classify point clouds and vectorize conductors, analyze vegetation growth, and prioritize maintenance activities.
Visualize, Measure, and Share Data with Your Whole Team
The delair.ai platform also provides enterprise teams with the tools they need to increase their productivity. Teams can do more with the data they collect when they put delair.ai’s user-friendly interface, deep learning models, scalable approach for multi-person and multi-UAV teams, and data security tools to use.
- User-friendly Interface—Intuitive commands allow the user to visualize a site in 2D or 3D and includes support for orthophotography, slope maps, digital surface models and 3D models. Measurement is made quick and simple with integrated toolsets for calculating length, determining an area size, or calculating stockpile volumes.
- Deep Learning Models—Custom deep learning models automatically classify each pixel of each new flight, and recognize objects or classes such as water, vegetation, construction, vehicle, haul road, stockpile, safety blocks, safety berm, quarry face, eliminating hours of manual analysis on a large site map.
- Scalable Approach—The system’s cloud-based approach simplifies data storage and access, making it ideal for team collaboration and archiving. The platform is inherently scalable, supporting the use of multiple UAVs and data collection techniques. An unlimited number of projects can be stored and shared, providing access to critical data by anyone who needs it across the enterprise: managers, field adjusters, risk engineers, data scientists, surveyors, and accountants.
- Data Security—Built-in features enable data to be encrypted in transit and within the platform and granular role-based controls provide user-specific access and editing privileges. Audit trails provide a detailed record of every action of every user.
Mapping and Survey Professionals Put Delair.ai Software to the Test
Mapping and survey professionals at Luck Stone, a large producer of aggregate materials for construction, offer a strong endorsement of the power of delair.ai’s data analysis tools.
Starting with a single quarry in Richmond, Luck Stone grew to be recognized as industry innovators by having some of the most progressive crushed stone plants in the nation. They’ve used delair.ai to manage and analyze data collected from material sites on a quarterly and monthly basis.
Early on, we recognized the need to acquire greater amounts of accurate, repeatable data from the air that could be easily accessed and analyzed for improved operational efficiency.
—John Blackmore, mapping and survey supervisor at Luck Stone
The delair.ai platform allowed Luck Stone associates to access the site information faster than ever before, according to Blackmore. See how Luck Stone has put delair.ai to use in the video below.
Delair Transforms from Hardware-Only Provider to Full Solutions Player
We’ve been tracking Delair’s progress since they flew the world’s first commercial beyond-visual-line-of-sight (BVLOS) drone mission in 2012. Their noteworthy accomplishments have been stacking up since then, including a strategic partnership with Intel and an expanding line of long-range, fixed-wing drones. It’s the fixed-wing drone hardware that first gained Delair international recognition, but the company has fully evolved from the hardware-only supplier it once was.
Delair now claims to have the largest team of software developers focused on drone data management of any company in the drone software space. This growth follows Delair’s acquisition of Airware’s software platform and development team in 2018.
The acquisition enabled Delair to further meet the need for scalable drone software solutions. Michael de Lagarde, CEO at Delair, says the company hopes to meet the needs of commercial drone users with their newest software solution, delair.ai.
It has become clear that data and software are the real end game in effective commercial drone use by enterprises. These businesses demand not just innovative technology but enterprise-ready solutions that offer the scalability, reliability, and security they need, as well as the ability to integrate with other key business processes.
—Michael de Lagarde, CEO at Delair.
Delair.ai could be the solution businesses are looking for. Delair touts the software as the most scalable platform and the broadest portfolio of analytics to enable enterprises to implement a digital transformation of their assets in order to harness the power of data collected by drones of any type.
Delair, a leading supplier of commercial drone solutions, this month unveiled Delair Aerial Intelligence (delair.ai)—software that helps businesses process the large amounts of data…The post Transform Data from Drone-based Images into Actionable Insights for Your Business | About Delair’s New, Cloud-Based Software, Delair.ai appeared first on UAV Coach. […] Read More