Do you like to write? Are you a marketer looking to sharpen your skill set? Are you detail-oriented, a clear communicator and interested in the drone industry? Do you thrive in a flexible remote work environment?
Founded in 2014 and based in Nashville, TN, UAV Coach is a leading training, education and news company for professionals and hobbyists in the drone (UAV) industry. Whether it’s a farmer who wants data on his crops, a construction company that needs progress reports on its sites, a medical company doing last-mile blood delivery, or a fire department that needs to safely monitor wildfires, multiple industries are using drones to capture images, video and data from the air to save time, save money and even save lives.
Our mission is to help drone pilots be safe and smart operators. We provide both online and in-person training courses and also report on industry news to an email subscriber base of 50,000 international drone enthusiasts. Across our two websites — uavcoach.com and dronepilotgroundschool.com — we get over 300,000 page views a month. We’ve had over 10,000 customers use our flagship training course, Drone Pilot Ground School. Notable clients include Intel, The Wall Street Journal, General Electric, The Nature Conservancy, Lockheed Martin, and many others.
We value strong communication and a growth mindset.
The Digital Marketing Manager position is imperative to driving the top line of the company. We are looking for an exceptional individual who will be a thought partner to the CEO and COO. You will have leeway to hire and manage freelancers to accomplish goals. You will also travel with us to industry conferences in Las Vegas, New York and other locations.
- Content creation: Research, write, copyedit and publish 3 news articles per week of 500-1,000 words on topics related to the drone industry, as well as occasionally create evergreen guides. Interview industry movers and shakers. Regularly review our existing product and regulations guides to keep content fresh. Plan content in advance and manage weekly content calendar.
- Email marketing: Compile and send our weekly email newsletter to 50,000 drone enthusiasts worldwide. Experiment with tactics to grow our email list.
- Community engagement: Manage our Facebook page. Respond publicly to customer reviews. Manage our community forum.
- Search Engine Optimization: Continuously strengthen our online presence by building backlinks and following SEO best practices.
- Reporting: Compile bi-weekly data for our performance scorecard.
- Campaign management: Work with advertisers on multi-channel campaigns for the UAV Coach community as well as our own campaigns and promotions.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 2–4 years of marketing experience, including digital marketing initiatives.
- Interest in drones is a big plus.
- Excellent writer and editor.
- Can operate in a high growth business where change is constant and flexibility is key to ensure success for the greater team.
- Project management rock star. Can plan ahead, track progress and identify roadblocks in order to meet deadlines and goals. Able to work within tight deadlines, adjust to changes in priorities, and balance short-term needs with long-term strategic initiatives.
- Strong communicator.
- Very detail-oriented.
- Strategic thinker who understands the big picture and spends time on things that matter.
- Relationship builder who feels comfortable approaching other industry players.
- Knowledge of digital platforms WordPress and HubSpot is a plus.
- Basic knowledge of HTML and Excel is a plus.
While this job is remote, we’re looking for a Nashville, TN area candidate.